Where You Live

Old 09-30-2010, 07:05 PM

I live 1 mile away from where I was born. Small rural area in Missouri. We don't really even have a town, just a post office and gas station. Its a quiet, simple life here. I belong here.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing
I am totally in love where I live. It's pretty rural, desert. The whole county is 4000 people. I know my neighbors. Going to the grocery store is like a place to meet friends. It's quiet at night. The air is clear. I don't lock my door. My kitty is allowed to go outside and play at her will. The sky is dark at night and the stars are beautiful. It takes literally minutes to be in wilderness. It's a fantastic place and nuthin' can get me out of here!
I love your avatar!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:27 PM

I hate where I live, which is Sacramento. I lived for 5 years in the Portland, Or. area and would move back there in a flash if I could. Sacramento is dry, brown and way to hot. Oregon is green and more green, cooler and has great fruit and berries, which I love. Our house is paid off so I don't see us moving anytime soon. We don't want payments again.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:34 PM

i live in a good town, but i don't like it here. it's not city and not country. i moved to the suburbs for my kids and never escaped.
now i have to live where a kid lives, so here i am.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnc
I hate where I live, which is Sacramento. I lived for 5 years in the Portland, Or. area and would move back there in a flash if I could. Sacramento is dry, brown and way to hot. Oregon is green and more green, cooler and has great fruit and berries, which I love. Our house is paid off so I don't see us moving anytime soon. We don't want payments again.
Look at it this way, you could pick up a house here, for a lot less than you would get for any house there. (Profit is never a bad thing.) There is always retirement...
Old 09-30-2010, 07:44 PM

I love where I live now (AZ). The biggest part of that is because of the weather. I grew up in NY state and lived in Utica as an adult for 18 years and just got tired of the long winters and dreary falls. Upstate NY is absolutely beautiful, but it was time for a change. I now don't have to shovel snow (from driveway AND roof), mow lawns, rake leaves, etc. That means more quilting time!!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Woodster
Originally Posted by angelwatcher
I love where we live, Panhandle of Idaho, across from the big city of Spokane, WA. It's beautiful here with the four seasons. The trees are turning into flaming colors of red, yellow and orange as we speak. We have everything we could possibly need as far as shopping goes, quilt shop in town and many in Spokane. We moved here 21 years ago from So. California and though it's a bit tougher to make a living, we are living just fine!! Less stress and traffic. There's a beautiful lake less than a mile from our home, mountains, golf courses, including one with a floating green, hunting, fishing, snow sports, and hiking. Do I do any of those activities, no!! Neither does DH but love it here anyway!! I just miss lifelong friends and Mom in So. California, but I do get to visit fairly often. If I had the chance to move, I wouldn't, this is the place to be, snow and all!!
We're in Meridian, ID - I LOVE the Panhandle area - we almost moved there a couple of years ago. Love the Bear Paw quilt shop in Cour'd'alene (sp?).
Bear Paw Quilt shop made one of the top 10 shops this year!! We're very happy for the owners, Sandy and Katheryn. It's Coeur d'Alene, meaning awl of the heart, because the Indians and the fur traders were sharp traders.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:51 PM

This is really interesting to read. I'm a 4th generation CA person. I lived in a small town (too clickey), then on a ranch (25 mi. from nearest town) and now in North Orange Co. of So. Cal. I really like where we live. It is not a small town but sort of a bedroom community. I used to walk to work at a large univ. We can walk to our church. Our grandkids are here. When we shop, we often see friends. There are a lot of quilt stores close by. It is a little hot in summer, but a good place to live. Placentia, CA
Old 09-30-2010, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Rntraveler
Tell me where this is? I might take a travel job up to WA state close to the Idaho border..the town is Clarkston...just considering it but having lot's of quilt shops around might make a difference in the decision.. also, depends on how much snow they get...thanks
Clarkston is across the border from Lewiston, ID. Don't know about quilt shops there, but Moscow to the north has a couple I believe. You'd be about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get to Spokane, WA which has alot of shops. Good luck with your job!!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:12 PM

I love where I live & wouldn't like to live anywhere else. I grew up on a farm & when I moved to town it took me along time to adjust to city living. I really missed the peace & quiet of the country but now I'm used to it but still miss the country some. Everybody wonders how we can stand to live where it is so cold in the winter but it actually makes you hardier. I wouldn't want to live where there isn't any change of seasons. There's nothing better than to have those first warm days in the spring & know that summer is coming. I'll gladly put up with our snow & cold weather verses hurricanes, earthquakes, wild fires, mudslides etc. I guess I'm just a good ole North Dakotan at heart. I do like to visit other states but always look forward to coming home.