Where You Live

Old 10-03-2010, 05:04 AM

Quilting Grammy, Dora is about 100 miles from Springfield , Mo. We live 11 miles out of town, West Plains. I think we are 3 hrs. from Joplin. We are only 15 or so miles from Ark.border. We love it here. As I sit this morn with a roaring fire, hot cup of tea, looking out over our 60 acres the black angus cattle are dotting the hill side, the sun is beaming in the window. Just don't get any better then this. We built our log home back off the road. Oh & by the way, we are on black top. Hate those gravel roads. My goal is to be in a magazine with our home. It is very unique. This area is VERY friendly & help-ful. Have just a few neighbors but they are there when you need them. We sell fresh eggs ( free range chickens) have met alot of people this way. We have a Little grocery- general store about 2 miles so if we need something we can run there. My daughter is a realtor & I will ask her if there are any underground houses for sale. will let you know. Would love to have you come here. Oh & by the way we have a nice quilt shop & 6 others a short distance. Just come on down!!!! Donna, The Rustic Quilter
Old 10-03-2010, 05:23 AM

DJ - ah by West Plains, huh? You MUST be a regular at Viv's - great shop! What other sewing/fabric/quilting shops are there? We live not quite an hour from there and go frequently to the town - It is such a nice place.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:37 AM

When we moved to the Dallas area 20 years ago, all we could think of was when we could leave. Now DH is retired and I will be next May. Our children live in Austin, Denver, Chicago, and LA. We like our house and are close to lots of shopping, medical care, and a good airport. When it gets too hot, we try to stay inside a lot. Ditto when it gets colder than we like. Besides, I just got my longarm set up and would hate to move her!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:57 PM

Nancy, Actually Viv's Is only 3 miles from my house on CC. I live 3 miles west of her.Actually I have not found too many fabrics there. All of my pieces are very primitive, dark colors. I go to Ozark Quilt Sampler in West Plains, one in Willow Springs & Cabool. I am going to be doing a demo at Orzark Quilt sampler on Oct 16.Since we lived in our barn as we were building our home, I couldn't sew on my machine so I have made yo-yo's almost the size of a full bed so far.Then I made a EEP hexie from Laurie Simpson's book , then I have a EPP Grangmothers's Flower Garden started for my daughter. I now have my sewing romm a little set up & have a quilt almost all put together for our oldest GD. We have 20 GC & my goal is to make all of them a quilt for when they get married. Our oldest GD turns 24 this coming Sat & no plans for marriage, still in college. Any way where do you live?? Please stop & meet me the next time you go to WQest Plains. I would love to meet you. I met Connie-Chigger Holler & Jamey- Dogwood Quilter at the Springfield Quilt show. Do you know either of these gals. They were so much fun.
Donna, The Rustic Quilter
Old 10-03-2010, 01:20 PM

DJ - we are practically neighbors! We live close to Mansfield. Ozark Quilt Sampler? Is that the "new" shop on the strip mall on the edge of town?oh yes! Connie and Jamey go to the same "quilt group" in Mountain Grove monthly as does "Friendly Quilter" (Lynn)What hours will you be there at the Sampler a week from Saturday - I may just show up. - nice talkin to ya!!
Old 10-03-2010, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
DJ - we are practically neighbors! We live close to Mansfield. Ozark Quilt Sampler? Is that the "new" shop on the strip mall on the edge of town?oh yes! Connie and Jamey go to the same "quilt group" in Mountain Grove monthly as does "Friendly Quilter" (Lynn)What hours will you be there at the Sampler a week from Saturday - I may just show up. - nice talkin to ya!!
Nancy, You know those 2 gals???? Yes it is the new one in the strip mall. I don't know for sure the hours yet will let you know. What is the group you all go to? I have also on here looking for some one to help me with hand quilting. Are there any in your group that hand quilt? Would love for you to come to the shop. Hope to see you there. Donna, the Rustic Quilter
Old 10-03-2010, 06:42 PM

I'm in a little town east of Toledo. In 1979, my husband to be and I walked from where I lived at my mom and dad's about a half mile, saw a house for sale and have been here for almost 30 years. It's the same school district I grew up in, and the same one Dad went to, but of course then it was a one room school house.
At the time it was the house no ones else wanted, it wasn't even looked at, but it was perfect for this do it yourselfer and his "no, it goes there' wife
Old 10-03-2010, 06:47 PM

DR! I forgot the name of the group - they were the quilters that were featured in the Cabool quilt show a couple months ago - did you go to that? I don't know who in the group does hand quilting, but I'm sure they do! Very talented ladies. If you would like to go to the next meeting, let me know and I will send you all the particulars - you MAY want to pm me - :-)
Nancy
Old 10-03-2010, 07:01 PM

I love where I live, BUT I hate that it is so seasonal we have the area to ourselves for the summer months but during the winter months we are tooooooo crowded. I just stay in as much as possible. Of course if I won the lottery I would move to an area that is not so seasonal but is still in Florida cause I love the sunshine and the beaches.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:06 PM

Do you have any problem with all the hurricanes and storms?

Originally Posted by Threads of Love
I love where I live, BUT I hate that it is so seasonal we have the area to ourselves for the summer months but during the winter months we are tooooooo crowded. I just stay in as much as possible. Of course if I won the lottery I would move to an area that is not so seasonal but is still in Florida cause I love the sunshine and the beaches.