View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 06:14 AM
PKITTY1

I don't think you are being selfish. My Mom (also my best friend) feels the same way about my crafting/quilting addictions. She doesn't understand that there are two sides to this need. One side is the joy I get from giving something that I handcrafted to someone as a gift. The entire time I work on the project, I think of them. I know that everything good that I am is poured into the creation of this quilt or afghan. I also know that this gift is special and not mass manufactured. The other side is that I am happy when I craft. It makes me feel better about myself. It also allows me to create something beautiful and useful. It also has helped my mind. Because I craft, I think more creatively and quickly. Sorry to go on so long, the bottom line is, the cost is worth it. Hang onto the quilt, there is someone who will need comfort at some time in the future. When you find that person, even if you did not make that quilt for them, it will seem as if you did. God will direct you because he made you a quilter.