View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 06:51 AM
Georgette

Hi, I'm new here, been reading and looking for years. I just want to tell you to keep on doing what you like to do. My husband it a great guy. Never complains about what I spend or my choices about buying things. But he just can't understand that I love to sew and he feels that the time put into quilting is wasted. When he goes to auctions or yard sales and quilts sell for $1.00 or $2.00 he feels no one values them. He doesn't understand that I value them, and that there ARE other people who value them also. I guess you just have to be a quilter to understand. Keep making your quilts. Finish the one you started, put it back and eventually you will have it ready when that special person appears that it is meant for. Don't let your daughters opinion sway you from doing what you love. I know she isn't trying to be mean and I think that you two have something special when you both feel you can honestly say what you think to each other. Keep sewing and creating lovely quilts and don't be so hard on yourself. Re-think selling some of your masterpieces if you need to open space for new ones. I'm surprised at what I've seen for sale. People eat them up!
Hope I've helped you some.