View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 08:44 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Good points....and funny that you should post this not 15 minutes after we had an incident with a trucker! We ran down to the local store (donut run!) and have to pull out onto Hwy 97. This intersection has a truck stop where you come out of the truck stop onto Rosland (the road I was on) then up to the stop sign about 2 truck lengths to get onto the Hwy. We got behind a trucker that was pulling out of the truck stop....and he STOPPED in the middle of the road BEFORE the stop sign... We could see him in his mirror -- he was talking on the phone. We waited...finally, he crept up to the sign. Then he sat on the PHONE while we waited -- and waited and waited. He could have pulled out 4 times...but didn't becuase he wasn't paying attention. THEN when he DID pull out, he almost hit a car coming from the north and trying to pull onto our road. That car was in a legitimate turn lane. I know a lotta truckers blame the "other" drivers....but I've seen WAY too many truckers do STUPID dumb things. Oh, how about the guy that was on the cell phone and pulled onto Rosland...missing my car by 2" and stopping traffic coming from the south.....all the while he was on the phone driving the semi with one hand. Nope - can't convince me that the "other" drivers are all to blame.
Nor would I try to. As with most groups, there are the good, the not so good, and the awful.