Old 10-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Try selling some on here. Here's what I suggest:

When I've looked at the postings here it seems yardages will sell faster than anything. So maybe start of with your bolts and yardages. If you're willing to cut some fabric, one idea might be to cut some yardages off the bolt (like 1, 2, 5, or whatever yards) and put the indivual yardages for sale. Someone might find something they really like, but don't want a 20 yard bolt of it. Or two people might want the same fabric. Could also offer some bundles of yardages in the same color or style (batik, 1920's, solids, etc.) Clearly state prices and shipping charges.

Oh, and you got to have pictures. I've seen people who've sold yardages of fabrics who have several fabrics in one picture and they've put a sticky note with a number on it on each fabric. It'll be easier getting messages from interested buyers like "Is #23 still available?" instead of "Is that red fabric in the third picture in the fourth row second from the right still available?" When something is sold go back and click the edit tab on the page the picture of the item is on and write "SOLD:" in followed by whatever number of fabric was sold so buyers will know what's left. I've noticed you can't edit the first posting on the thread so you might have to put an intro. for the first posting then go back and reply to post all your pics.

And you don't have to post everything at once. Actually, if you keep posting things gradually it will keep your post from completely disappearing into page 2 and beyond and will get people to look at the new listings and look again at the old ones you've put up when you've put an "UPDATED" in the title.

Say, if you got anything in solid dark grey and black I'd be willing to take some off your hands if you're offering a good price for it.