Old 08-31-2008, 05:00 AM
nor'easter
Banned

The woman who has quilted for me in the past has a website. I checked it out awhile ago and discovered that she has a "photo album" of quilts. She has included both a full shot and a close up of the quilting on a great many (75+) of the quilts that she has done for clients. There is no mention that these are clients quilts, let alone giving them individual credit for their work, and there was no request for permission to post the photos on her website.

I do not begrudge her wanting to market her business, however, the strong implication (as demonstrated by one of the letters in her guestbook) is that she made all these quilts. My quilts are my own, original designs. I don't use patterns, and I always give credit to the inspiration source. I have put her name on the label of every quilt she has done for me, have referred others to her for services, and have spoken highly of her on this board and others. I am seriously considering taking my business elsewhere.

Am I making way too much of this?? Is this a standard business practice? Should I just tell her how I feel, ask her to remove the photos of my quilts, and keep taking my stuff to her? I DO like her work but there are many others in this area who are just as good, if not better. Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks.