Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
question for professional longarm quilters >

question for professional longarm quilters

question for professional longarm quilters

Old 09-25-2008, 05:30 PM

I'm sorry that the first longarmer was so out of touch with your feelings. But I'm glad that you were able to find someone else. Good luck.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:36 PM

I'm a professional longarm quilter. I prepare a work order for every client's quilt and on that work order I ask permission to use a photo of her quilt for marketing purposes. Everyone says yes except if the quilt is going to a show or in a book or magazine.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:06 AM
Power Poster

at the very least i would expect the quilter to state at the beginning of her 'gallery' that the pictured quilts are customer quilts, quilted by her...that seems like the way it should be, but also, she should ask her customers if they would mind if she put their quilts in her on-line gallery.
i always take pictures of quilts i have quilted for people but the only people who ever see those pictures are the customer. i send a picture to the owner showing the finished work so i can get paid :)
and i even save the pictures so i can go look and see what i did on certain ones. i would never post a picture of someone elses quilt without them actually telling me they would like me to.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:15 PM

When I look at a professional quilter's website, I assume that the quilts are clients' quilts, not her own personal quilts.

Professional longarmers are a pretty busy bunch. Most lonagrmers who I know rarely have time for doing very many our own. Believe me-- I have a whole closet full of my own quilt tops that are waiting to be quilted. Paying customers come first!!

If the only quilt photos on a professional's website were hers and hers only, I think that there would probably be very few photos.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Banned

but assumption is so very wrong on so many levels. if you do the work you get credit period. that is how the world should work. no you cant please everyone but right is right.