Old 08-31-2008, 07:16 AM
Shelley

I'm in the process of loading online pictures of the quilts I have quilted. Interesting thread.

I would not put the person's full name. Many don't want their name on the internet. I could probably put 'customer pieced' or use just their first name. I do quilt a lot of quilts for a quilt shop. For those, I'm going to talk to the owner. She may want to put the quilt shop name and a phone number, in the event someone wants a kit.

I also had the opportunity to quilt some tops for a quilt pattern designer. Those would not be going on at all unless I had specific permission. I didn't get to quilt those (Waaaaaa!!!) as I had broken my wrist right before. Talk about unhappy!!!!

If not for the fact that I have a business, I probably wouldn't be using my full name here. I quilt probably 10 quilts for others to every 1 of mine, and mine take the back seat more and more. I'm also willing to piece a quilt for someone, so it could be that she also wants to convey that option.

For the quilts I have posted here, I have clearly said whether I pieced them or if it was a customer quilt.

I'm glad you brought this up. I think that sometimes we assume that if people know we're longarmers, they also know that most of the tops we quilt are made by someone else.

As for your issue, I would suggest that you talk to her. You're happy with her work, and you have a relationship. It could be simply an issue of her not thinking that others might think that she did the entire quilt. We sometimes tend to live in our own little world!!! :lol: