Old 08-31-2008, 11:25 AM
nor'easter
Banned

There was no mention made of her taking pictures, verbally or in writing. There was no contract and the only thing I signed in each case was the cost estimate with the quilt description and the quilting motif we agreed on. Granted she holds the copyright on the photos she took, but she does not have the right to publish those photos without the express permission of the maker(s) of the art she photographed...or at least that's how it works in the graphic arts world. She did not ask, before or after, implicitly or explicitly, no way, no how, and that is what makes me the angriest.

I feel she is intentionally misleading visitors to her website and it makes me not trust her very much any longer. My fear is that if I talk to her and explain how I feel, asking that she remove the pictures of my work from her website, I risk her not doing her best on any future quilts that I take her. I know that sounds awful, but if I am not thrilled with something down the road, it will be my first thought. I just don't think I'll ever feel "safe" with her again.

I really appreciate all the comments and opinions you all have put forth. Thank you so much. I have a lot to think about...and five tops that need quilting by Christmas! :shock: