View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 09:19 AM
ghostrider

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
Not to bash on Joann's or anything but when I was there earlier this week the lady in front of me wanted to return an opened paint set that she bought (I believe that is what it was). She did not have her receipt. She wasn't asking for her money back just to exchange it for a different one. And they told her NO. No returns or exchanges without a receipt! They told her that she could return it and in 8 weeks roughly she would get a refund check in the mail! I couldn't believe it. Better keep those receipts Joann's shoppers :)
I'm confused. First you say they told her NO returns without a receipt, then you say they said she COULD return it and receive a refund in 8 weeks.

Even if a store is the only one of it's kind and the item was clearly purchased from them, they still don't have to accept it back without a receipt because they don't know when (or if) it was purchased and at what price. If it was bought on sale (or stolen), they shouldn't have to "assume" the loss of a full price refund.