Old 10-09-2010, 02:31 PM
piledriver

Originally Posted by amma
Interesting... Check out these two patterns on Fabric Freedom's website

Instructions for Dickens Calendar

Instructions for Advent Calendar

http://www.fabricfreedom.co.uk/QuiltsAndProjects.html
OK - after reading the posts...I think I've got it. The directions download is good but added to "Laureneberherd's" description that an ADVENT calendar contains "pockets" (I must say that I've never seen one with pockets only ones with ITEMS to attach [velcro] daily to mark each passing day, in the countdown to Christmas day. Of course any & all would be made in advance to have ready to use at the start of Advent & most [unless made of paper or such] can be used year after year. I was also expecting numerical order instead of random order. My expectations/experiences were also that Christmas Eve was the last day to use the calendar with no space for Christmas itself as that was the goal all along - this panel will make 24 POCKETS) I guess this all makes sense.
I knew the members of the "brain trust" would come through once again. Many thanks to all. This group is fantastic! Our grandson is just 13 months old; so I'm thinking I have a whole year and a little bit to actually put this together.