Old 10-09-2010, 02:40 PM
piledriver

[quote=lindyline]
Originally Posted by amma
Ok... so the cat blocks get sewn on as pockets, to the piece with the numbers :wink: gotcha :D

So now you make up a pocket with each cat pic, I would sew a backing to each little pic, leaving an opening to turn, and then sew both sides and bottom of each pic to the backing, keeping top open to put a little something in. Hope this helps. :thumbup:
not enough fabric to get a seam around each cat pic - doing this would allow too much of the plain background panel to show between each "pocket". I'm walking right in your footsteps behind you though, because I think it will be neater and stronger if I treat each of the 5 pocket panel strips as you suggested per kitty pic. In other words instead of turning under the 4 edges (2 long sides and 2 short) just stitch a backing on it, leave an opening for turning and viola' I'm ready to attach to the background panel. Also I have to correct myself this printed panel WILL make 25 pockets - I thought the one strip only had 4 pockets printed on it. So there is a prize for Christmas day too? My memory must be failing me - maybe what I remember is that I never did the Christmas Day one as a child with all the excitement of the big morning....