View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Originally Posted by katied772
I have never used one of these machines and know little about them. How long of strips do they cut and how does it compare to cutting them with a rotary cutter?
I have the regular Go! The strips are cut as long as the width of the fabric; how many strips are cut per die depends on the strip width. The 2-1/2" wide strip cutter cuts 3 strips at a time; the 1-1/2" wide cutter cuts 5 strips at a time.

For strips, I cut just one doubled layer at a time; don't know if others try to layer more than that.

The triangle dies are really nice because they nip off the corners to make perfect alignment easier. I can cut 4 layers of fabric at a time. With a triangle die that cuts 4 triangles at a time, one pass through the machine yields 16 perfectly cut triangles with corners nipped off.

Youtube has a lot of video demonstrations. Just be aware that they usually have a lot of fabric waste in the video demo's because they want to demo it fast and don't want to fiddle with alignment. There's very little waste the way I use it.