View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 01:26 PM
twistedsheets

Originally Posted by Born2Sew
Originally Posted by twistedsheets
Our p.o.wont deliver to my actual address. They killed the adress years ago. So I have to rent a box. If something for some reason wont send to a p.o.box I have to give my landlords adress and he brings to me. Saying that: I am always asking the 2 guys who work at the p.o. was some one doing a wacky tobaccy again. They constantly put mail in the wrong boxes. If I am expecting something to come and I don't receive it , I have to have them search the boxes around mine. And 95% of the time ,it was put into some one elses box. The P.O. is getting very unreliable where I live!!
Twisted Sheets, what do you mean by they "killed" the address. Do you have neighbors around you with delivery? Just curious about this. Unless you live outside of a delivery terriroty, that is the only thing that I could understand.

I know too that delivery and service is not consistent all across the country as it should be. Each district is different and not all have the same ethic service wise.
The mail carrier went into the computor and put the address in as an invalid address for mail. The system automaticly kicks the mail back to the sender as an invalid address. I had to have the landlord go down and get the address put back in as a valid address. In less then a week the mail carrier again had gone back into the system and killed the address again. Tho the mail boxes (3 of them) list our address and apt no.s on them, the post office delivers the mail to the apartments across the street in them. They are suppose to buy their own (the property owner there). However they have never and used our boxes out front instead! Confusing? So I was when we kept getting the same excuse from the post office. Frankly mail theft is a huge problem here , and the box at the p.o. is safer, it is just sometimes inconvenient for some things. But I have a great landlord so when I must have a residential address I use his!