View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 06:05 PM
omak

Originally Posted by gale
Originally Posted by Kathy N
Yes, they will get us only once and then we will have learned our lesson. I went through all of my boxes at home and NONE of them said flat rate. I will turn all of those inside out and use their "free" cardboard to mail other packages...just not priority mail.
Just so you know, I believe that is illegal. All of the priority boxes I have seen lately, flat rate and otherwise, have priority mail printed on the inside too to keep people from doing this.
Exactly!
I, too, have been caught with the flat rate/priority trick, and I was not happy.
Makes one wish for the good old days, when it was only the occasional Walmart clerk who was trained to type in an "error" once in awhile, doesn't it? LOL
However, I do NOT think that our government or any merchandiser should be the recipient of just a shrug of the shoulders. Sadly, the only person one can deal with is the postal clerk, and she may be as unaware of the deception as you are.
But, yes ... they have now taken to writing PRIORITY on the inside of every box on every side ... the P O is not a governmental agency (they say) however, they ARE heavily subsidized.
UPS and FedEx are giving the Post Office a run for their money, so I deal (for the most part) with a local shipping store called "Goin' Postal" ... with the touch of a finger, the clerk can tell me which service will provide me the best shipping for the best price. Very handy, and about time someone with the wherewithal to compete actually COMPETES! Good show! <wave>