View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 11:14 AM
dsb38327

Originally Posted by watterstide
in reguards to quilting..i usually make a "funny" out of my mistakes. they don't worry me..and by posting about them, i hope it makes others feel, that they don't need to be perfect. that they happen in quilting,to all of us (veterans,newbies and thise in between) and they can be fixed,adjusted or made into something else!
I second what watterstide said. When I say I don't know, I did it wrong, the mistake is, etc. it is a statement of fact and not a put down to myself. Just wait until I post the finished picture of my (Danmar's Swish) Bargello. I love that quilt and I have made sooooo many mistakes while making it. I knew better, just didn't do better. Statement of fact.
I agree our phycie (how do you spell it?) hears us put ourselves down and over time will/may start believing what it hears. The truth is the truth. Statement of fact is statement of fact. Let's pump ourselves up. My Bargello has taught me that I do know, can remember how or look it up and come out with a beautiful quilt in the end. Somebody is going to care it has bearding, wrinkles in the backing at the sashing, so many rippit spots they are crying out in anguish, that I had to iron adhesive backing on one corner because my temper put tiny holes in the rippit spots. ????? No one cares. I don't care. I love the quilt and I can do it!!!!!! :D :D :D