View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 07:59 AM
BKrenning

I started with my domestic sewing machine (Elna 7200) on a B-Line Studio frame. You can do meanders, stippling and small designs easily with that. You just have to roll up the quilt more often & break designs into smaller sections. I then got bitten by the bug big time when I saw a PC Quilter in action at the Paducah quilt show so added that and Max Throat to my setup. Max turned my 9" machine into a 16" machine when I wanted to do larger designs. A deal on a Voyager 17 with stitch regulator came up that was too good to pass up so I now have a Voyager 17 SLR on a Pro-Flex frame. I haven't used it very much yet and am keeping my old setup until I've convinced myself it will work as well as my old toy--LOL. I'm sure it will. I just haven't had the time to put it through it's paces yet. It is setup, timed & tested so it's ready. There is a quilt in progress & 3 tops laying on it right now that need to be finished before Christmas so hubby & the kids are going to have to feed themselves for a few weekends before then!