Old 10-14-2010, 06:58 AM
kspurlock1

I have some good news for you. I am a research analyst (stockbroker) as well as a not so skilled quilter. I just read a research report from KeyBanc stating that Wal-Mart will be adding fabric back to their stores. How about that?

Here is an excerpt: “Over the last four years, Wal-Mart has gradually removed fabric from its stores, and now operates approximately 1,800 stores with full fabric .... down from approximately 3,300 stores in 2006. Until recently we expected Wal-Mart to remove the full fabric department from approximately 1,000 additional stores….Wal-Mart management is now changing its fabric plans. They cite customer requests for the product and an opportunity to drive incremental traffic. …Finally, Wal-Mart plans to selectively add full fabric back where customers asked for the product. At this stage, no formal rollout plan has been announced.”

Isn’t this wonderful? I know I have missed the fabric department at Wal-Mart!

It would be wonderful to hear back from you if and when you see changes in the wal-mart fabric department. Pictures of the return would be even better and could help move this process along. I also suggest that you voice your opinion to Wal-Mart store managers about the loss of fabric. They seem to be listening again – YEA!

looking forward to hearing from you