Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street. >

Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street.

Fabric Returning to Wal-Mart : Report from Wall Street.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:29 AM

Since I have started buying fabric at my local quilt store, I hate the feeling of Joann's fabrics, so I doubt I would like the WalMart fabric. I listened to a podcast on how fabrics are made, and why some are more expensive than others, and I don't think I will ever use lower or middle end fabrics again. If it is worth spending days on making a quilt, for me, it is worth using good fabrics.
Nancy
Old 10-14-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by nancylee
Since I have started buying fabric at my local quilt store, I hate the feeling of Joann's fabrics, so I doubt I would like the WalMart fabric. I listened to a podcast on how fabrics are made, and why some are more expensive than others, and I don't think I will ever use lower or middle end fabrics again. If it is worth spending days on making a quilt, for me, it is worth using good fabrics.
Nancy
Oh, I so agree! My quilt buddy and I have decided that we have become fabric snobs...Who woulda thunk? :D :D :D
Old 10-14-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
Originally Posted by nancylee
Nancy
Oh, I so agree! My quilt buddy and I have decided that we have become fabric snobs...Who woulda thunk? :D :D :D
Sometimes you do not have the option, living on a very limited income, I can not afford $10-$15 a yard fabric, however that is not goingn to stop me from quilting....I get the best I can afford...and if that is at Walmart, Joann or Goodwill....so be it

:shock:
Old 10-14-2011, 03:10 PM

I can't afford $10-$15 a yard either but my LQS always has great sale fabric for around $5 a yard and sometimes less. I live on Social Security too.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:23 PM

love it..need more choices of where to buy