View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 09:31 AM
kellen46

Can't pass math...thats me, I have a dyslexia, but oh yes I did go back to school and I did get a BA and a decent job. I did take math, I had to, all the way up to Statistics (awful) and Trigonometry (really awful). I just kept plugging away at it, I asked tons of questions, handed in the homework even though it was mostly wrong. I think the prof saw I was really trying hard and took pity on me and gave me a D. Now I would have been on the deans list except for math. But that was a while ago and I did get work, no one asked me to do math with out a calculator or what my grades were....so I guess confidence is gained by trying, for sure you won't be perfect, so what, it is sort of like when in grade school and they threatened to put "it" on your permanent record....guess what no one notices your permanent record. Go forth and do even if you think you might fail, you might surprise your self, you won't shame your self and you will never have to say..."if only I wasn't such a scaredy cat I would have..." you do not learn from your successes you learn from your mistakes and failure is a great motivator to learn to learn in a different way. At the very least you will be able to say I tried, I gave it my best. When Edison was working on finding a suitable filament for the light bulb he tried over a thousand things before he found one that worked. Later a reporter asked him about this and asked how he dealt with the disappointment of failure,,Edison replied that he had not failed over a thousand time, he had discovered over a thousand things that would not work....go, do, don't let fear get in your way.....and you will be fine.