View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Barbm

I tell people who are "down" and negative- think of one thing you do well or like to do. Count that as blessing #1. Then think of another- oh gee, that's blessing #2- then keep going.

You find out you have confidence in yourself, you need to wade through all the negatives you've built up around it. I have a Facebook account and I have friends that say they start out their day for my post- always something positive and I try to be funny.

It's so much easier being positive if you "shoo" away the negatives and don't let them in your life. It takes a conscious effort at first, but you will whittle them away and then the next thing you know- life is truly happy and satisfying! (and the negatives are really not so bad- they are dealt with and shoved aside)

This week I was overwhelmed (to put it mildly) at work. I thought- I have got to put this in perspective, I know it will work itself out but it was dragging me down. So I wrote- how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. So for 2 days I had elephant for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I even said I was then having fish- because I was floundering. I got words of encouragement. And the elephant is done- today was pizza for lunch. haha.

Barb