View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 10:34 AM
burnsk

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie
I have never joined a forum before, so this is all new to me. I am currently taking 7 classes at our local quilt shop and when I am done will have 7 new quilts to finish up. It is a lot of fun, but keeps me very busy. I am a retired RN and am enjoying my retirement. My husband is also retired and I am enjoying his retirement, not so much. lol He seems to want to be with me a lot more than I want to be with him. Not that I don't want to be with him, just not so much. He wants to talk, talk, talk, and I enjoy the silence. Does anyone else have this problem? Boy, I sound kinda nasty, but I like to read and he wants to talk. I want to quilt, and he wants to talk. I do enjoy talking, but not the same subject over and over (unless it's something I want to talk about). We have 4 children, 5 grandchildren, 2 cats, and 6 horses. The horses keep hubby busy. I am looking forward to joining in with the conversation from time to time.
Hi Neighbor, I'm from AA. We'll have to get together. I know what you mean about the hubby. Got an idea - I'll send my hubby up to your place and you come down to mine. The guys can talk each others ears off. I hear the same things at least 3 times and then again when he repeats it to others.

I swear, if he ever retires I'm going to go find a job. I retired early so I could have some quiet time but I'm afraid it isn't going to last. We, too, had 4 kids. Now we have 8 grands and 3 great-grands.

Welcome to the board.