Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
greetings from Michigan >

greetings from Michigan

greetings from Michigan

Old 10-15-2010, 04:46 AM

Welcome from Lake Orion, Mich. Are you sure we aren't married to the same man?
Old 10-15-2010, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie
I have never joined a forum before, so this is all new to me. I am currently taking 7 classes at our local quilt shop and when I am done will have 7 new quilts to finish up. It is a lot of fun, but keeps me very busy. I am a retired RN and am enjoying my retirement. My husband is also retired and I am enjoying his retirement, not so much. lol He seems to want to be with me a lot more than I want to be with him. Not that I don't want to be with him, just not so much. He wants to talk, talk, talk, and I enjoy the silence. Does anyone else have this problem? Boy, I sound kinda nasty, but I like to read and he wants to talk. I want to quilt, and he wants to talk. I do enjoy talking, but not the same subject over and over (unless it's something I want to talk about). We have 4 children, 5 grandchildren, 2 cats, and 6 horses. The horses keep hubby busy. I am looking forward to joining in with the conversation from time to time.
Hi Neighbor, I'm from AA. We'll have to get together. I know what you mean about the hubby. Got an idea - I'll send my hubby up to your place and you come down to mine. The guys can talk each others ears off. I hear the same things at least 3 times and then again when he repeats it to others.

I swear, if he ever retires I'm going to go find a job. I retired early so I could have some quiet time but I'm afraid it isn't going to last. We, too, had 4 kids. Now we have 8 grands and 3 great-grands.

Welcome to the board.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:20 PM

Hello and welcome from yet another Michigan quilter! I am sure you will love it here.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:16 AM

Hello and welcome from Woodhaven, MI. You will love it here. Everyone is so talented and helpful with projects. I am up your way every couple of weeks. Our youngest daughter and 2 grandson's live in New Hudson. They play football every Saturday.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:35 AM

Welcome, I live in Novi. I retired a year ago and my husband is also retired. He wants to go some where all the time and it takes me away from what I want to do. I recently bought a quilting frame and mid arm machine and took over the room he called his office. (an abandoned room of clutter.) I got him involved in remodeling it, cupboards galore and a base for my frame.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:50 AM

Good for you! Isn't it great to have a sewing room? My husband retired ten years ago. After about a month I found him laying on the couch saying he was bored. I put him on a project in the yard that involved landscape timbers and railroad ties. It took him over six weeks to complete and he hasn't complained of being "bored" since!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:43 PM

Welcome from North Carolina! Be sure to post pics of your finished projects
Old 10-28-2010, 05:12 PM

Welcom from Oklahoma
Old 10-28-2010, 05:13 PM

Welcome from Oklahoma