View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 11:30 PM
BrendaB

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
someone else said something about math,I do know why I have had a hard time in math, when I was growing up, my dad always called me stupid and all the negative words when I did the math, so I have a "block: there for math, anyway the other thing, in the era I was growing up, theres a place for girls, and they weren't to cross the line, the stay at home moms(and please I am not putting you dowen "home moms!)but that was the culture I was raised in, and y'know my brother was a wiz at math(still is), weird! so I let the others do the math, now English thats another story, I am very good in that . I even tried to write some stories. which thats another story, and the ones that hate math?? they are good in English
Psychomomquilter, you are so right. I remember teachers saying "if you have a question, don't be afraid to ask." Then, when asked a question, ask why you weren't paying attention. I also remember doing homework and my mother telling me to "look it up in the Encyclopedia." Did anyone else ever have to look up math instructions in the encyclopedia? No wonder I still have a mental block when it comes to math. I also did much better in English - hope the English police aren't watching me now. lol

Psychomomquilter, keep working on those stories. You could be the next Harry Potter type author. :-)