View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 03:33 AM
leatheflea

I keep band aids in my sewing room, its a daily thing. Quilting was supposed to be relaxing. Its become a extreme sport. Never know when your gonna run over your finger in the machine (which I did two weeks ago) gets the heart pumping. About 4 years ago my youngest son wanted to help me do some rotary cutting, dont ever let anyone help. He ran over the tip of my finger as I held down the ruler. Was ironing some bias a couple of weeks ago, fingers to close to the iron, burnt two of them. Used regular pins to sandwich a quilt, looked like I got into a fight with a cat, my arms were all tore up after just an hour. Then the light goes on "hey you upgraded to saftey pins a year ago! " The past couple of weeks I've been a purse making mode, I use alot of pins, some how I jabbed one in the palm of my hand, it was holding tight went in deep, when I jerked my hand back out of reaction the purse was hanging from the pin still stuck in my hand. While watching Fons and Porter the other day I saw that when they do their cutting they use a safety glove, that sounds like a good idea for me.