Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I am an official quilter !!

I stabbed myself pinning my current project. And no you can't see it till I am finished.

Notice the trial of blood.....LOL

This is just a peek.
    Name:  Attachment-113505.jpe
Views: 35
Size:  22.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    I stabbed myself pinning my current project. And no you can't see it till I am finished.

Notice the trial of blood.....LOL
    Oh, ouch! We will all look forward to the completed project.
    Keep the bandades handy.
    Marilyn

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    LOL!! It is official!!!

Welcome to the club!

Ouch !!!

Have had to wait for the bleeding to stop before continuing to sew LOL ... yep snack time till the bleeding stops :)

You are official now!

Blog Entries
    Yep. You made it!!! I hate being almost finished or ready to quit and having to wait until the pin prick seals itself before I can be done.

Blog Entries
    Ouch! Hope you were not too wounded.

More importainly...you didn't bleed on the fabric did ya? That's what I worry about everytime there's blood in my sewing room. It's okay to bleed on the floor, walls, myself, just not on the fabric. :-)

Yep, totally agree, blood anywhere but on fabric is fine.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    So funny!! :D

Looks like blood and DNA all over that fabric! Hope it didn't hurt much. I always get a good curse word in when I stab myself. The dog cringes. Pins and needles are sharp!

Yup....your an official quilter. Keep a box of bandaids close. I do.

The cat calls me "F-bomb" dropper...........LOL

I got a little DNA on the quilt, I didn't realize it until I stuck my hand in it and smeared it. I usually wash my quilts before sending them off.

It is just the latest injury while working on this quilt. Two weeks ago I managed to burn both wrists with the iron. I sat the iron down to move the fabric and touch it with my wrist. And not to be out done, I do it again.

Our dear friend better love this quilt because parts of me are intertwined into this quilt.

Ouch! I have heard a little spit on it helps get the stain out, but I have never tried it myself... hope your finger's not too sore!

Welcome to the club .... but it's really not official until you stab yourself in the boob! I do it all the time. Hurts like hell. Guaranteed way to find stray pins though, just hug the quilt.

Blog Entries
    Does graduation require rotary cutter slices? HOPE NOT!!

I used to faint at the sight of blood. Quilting has cured that. :-)

Blog Entries
    I've heard that if you get blood on your fabric you can get it out with your own saliva.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieKat
    I've heard that if you get blood on your fabric you can get it out with your own saliva.
    That is true (from my own experience!) after being told by a long time hand quilter.

Only your own saliva will remove your blood from the fabric. That is one of the best tips I have ever gotten.

Scotlass

bj
    And that's why I keep Shout wipes in my sewing room. Did not know about the saliva...it's a lot cheaper!

It just wouldn't be sewing/quilting unless I stabbed myself at least once during the project. So glad I learned the saliva trick for getting the blood out from some the mentors in our quilt group. Of course it does have to be your own to work though.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie2122
    Welcome to the club .... but it's really not official until you stab yourself in the boob! I do it all the time. Hurts like hell. Guaranteed way to find stray pins though, just hug the quilt.
    I do that all the time. ...LOL

When I was working in my Upholstery shop, I did manage to staple myself to a sofa and my pliers were just out of reach. I yelled and hollered, my son came to my rescue.

Welcome! =) You'll get so you hardly notice..

I keep band aids in my sewing room, its a daily thing. Quilting was supposed to be relaxing. Its become a extreme sport. Never know when your gonna run over your finger in the machine (which I did two weeks ago) gets the heart pumping. About 4 years ago my youngest son wanted to help me do some rotary cutting, dont ever let anyone help. He ran over the tip of my finger as I held down the ruler. Was ironing some bias a couple of weeks ago, fingers to close to the iron, burnt two of them. Used regular pins to sandwich a quilt, looked like I got into a fight with a cat, my arms were all tore up after just an hour. Then the light goes on "hey you upgraded to saftey pins a year ago! " The past couple of weeks I've been a purse making mode, I use alot of pins, some how I jabbed one in the palm of my hand, it was holding tight went in deep, when I jerked my hand back out of reaction the purse was hanging from the pin still stuck in my hand. While watching Fons and Porter the other day I saw that when they do their cutting they use a safety glove, that sounds like a good idea for me.

Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea
    I keep band aids in my sewing room, its a daily thing. Quilting was supposed to be relaxing. Its become a extreme sport. Never know when your gonna run over your finger in the machine (which I did two weeks ago) gets the heart pumping. About 4 years ago my youngest son wanted to help me do some rotary cutting, dont ever let anyone help. He ran over the tip of my finger as I held down the ruler. Was ironing some bias a couple of weeks ago, fingers to close to the iron, burnt two of them. Used regular pins to sandwich a quilt, looked like I got into a fight with a cat, my arms were all tore up after just an hour. Then the light goes on "hey you upgraded to saftey pins a year ago! " The past couple of weeks I've been a purse making mode, I use alot of pins, some how I jabbed one in the palm of my hand, it was holding tight went in deep, when I jerked my hand back out of reaction the purse was hanging from the pin still stuck in my hand. While watching Fons and Porter the other day I saw that when they do their cutting they use a safety glove, that sounds like a good idea for me.
    Leathelfea,

I used one of your sentences as a quote in my signature. I love it.

I am always tearing myself up. It doesn't matter what I am doing. A few years ago I was doing a tune up on my Nissian 300 ZX and the ratchet slipped and a I cut open my thumb. The ER Dr. glued it shut....lol...I told him I could have done that and saved myself a few hundred dollars. I have stapled myself to furniture, run the tips of my fingernails over in an industrial sewing machine. Sprained my ankle chasing a lizard across the yard (kids pet got loose, he didn't show up again until late fall....lol). Sliced the top of my finger almost off with one of those mandeline slicers (I now own a food processor).

The list goes on, but it's a first for bleeding all over a quilt. :)

Your first? Won't be the last!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast