View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 06:22 AM
mtngrl

Hi, my machine has problems winding once in a while too, that is why I was asking about the portable bobbin winder. They are $35 at Micheal's and $25 at Wal Mart in Canada. With a 50% Micheal's coupon the price is not too bad. I have been watching the feedback and thinking I'll stick with my machine for now but I have noticed it depends where the spool is located when I am winding. A cone in a mug needs very constant attention and my hand on the tension button area closest to the bobbin so the thread doesn't jump off. If I use the auxilliary spool holder on top I have the same problem. If I use the thread as it comes through the needle as it says in the book, I also have problems. If I use slow pedal speed I also have problems. (I am using a Husqvarna #1+ that I bought used and reconditioned.) The only good winding is with the spool on the main holder at the rear of the machine then to the bobbin which means re-threading machine and needle every time. I'm now doing multiple bobbins and still watching closely.