Old 10-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Prairie Chick

Hi!
Gave you our OLD slogan and our NEW slogan - still getting use to it as I see it on the signs around our State. ;)

My name is Kim and I have not been in my quilt room for some time now, maybe 3 years. I got burned out on high priced kits and fabric and some people who were very competitive in nature when it comes to the quilting community.

But, I have been reading the Quilting Board's daily update and am thrill'd to come and be a part of this Quilting Community.

I belong (but have not attended) to the Unfinished Quilter's group here in Cheyenne. We are a bunch of mis-fits who have found each other and meet at the Library every month. I have stay'd in contact with them throughout their first year, and will be attending my first meeting in January. Their last meeting for this year is today and I'm stuck here with a PILE of PAPERWORK. :evil:

But I have you all, and am grateful for that.

I will be updating my profile today (yeah, beside the paperwork) and you can find out more about me there, OK? :wink:

What made me sign up? Well, I just HAD to put in my YeeHAW for Walmart bringing back the fabric. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-70077-1.htm

We have always had our department but were VERY VOCAL 8-) that we didn't want to lose it because JoAnn's & Hancock's moved out of Cheyenne years ago. So Cheyenne has Hobby Lobby, WalMart & two quilt stores in town, OH and the internet! But that is not the same - I think you really need to SEE the fabric and compare side by side when planning your quilt.

GREAT to be here!
Have a GREAT day everyone! :thumbup: