Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from WYOMING - Like No Place on Earth - Forever West!

Hi!
    Gave you our OLD slogan and our NEW slogan - still getting use to it as I see it on the signs around our State. ;)

My name is Kim and I have not been in my quilt room for some time now, maybe 3 years. I got burned out on high priced kits and fabric and some people who were very competitive in nature when it comes to the quilting community.

But, I have been reading the Quilting Board's daily update and am thrill'd to come and be a part of this Quilting Community.

I belong (but have not attended) to the Unfinished Quilter's group here in Cheyenne. We are a bunch of mis-fits who have found each other and meet at the Library every month. I have stay'd in contact with them throughout their first year, and will be attending my first meeting in January. Their last meeting for this year is today and I'm stuck here with a PILE of PAPERWORK. :evil:

But I have you all, and am grateful for that.

I will be updating my profile today (yeah, beside the paperwork) and you can find out more about me there, OK? :wink:

What made me sign up? Well, I just HAD to put in my YeeHAW for Walmart bringing back the fabric. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-70077-1.htm

We have always had our department but were VERY VOCAL 8-) that we didn't want to lose it because JoAnn's & Hancock's moved out of Cheyenne years ago. So Cheyenne has Hobby Lobby, WalMart & two quilt stores in town, OH and the internet! But that is not the same - I think you really need to SEE the fabric and compare side by side when planning your quilt.

GREAT to be here!
    Have a GREAT day everyone! :thumbup:

Hey, there!! Shoveling snow yet? I know it's only a matter of time...but on the up side, you get to cozy up and quilt when you get snowed in!

Welcome to the board!

Blog Entries
    Hi Kim! :) Welcome from Minnesota!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
    Hey, there!! Shoveling snow yet? I know it's only a matter of time...but on the up side, you get to cozy up and quilt when you get snowed in!

Welcome to the board!
    Nope! :thumbup:

Not shoveling snow - but sure hope to soon! :wink:
    It's REALLY dry here - I live east of Cheyenne out on the prairie and it is like living out in a "match box" :shock: We have the grass (which grew really tall this year with all the moisture from winter and spring) cut down, and concrete siding on the house, but it still is a concern of ours. Fire danger is HIGH for Wyoming, has been for a while.

Thanks for the Welcome! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieKat
    Hi Kim! :) Welcome from Minnesota!
    Hi!
    Thank you so much! :-D

Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ♥

Welcome from southeast PA!

KR
    Welcome....you'll love it here! We were stationed at F E Warren in the early 70's and loved Cheyenne!! Many fond memories, even the -4 degree day skiing at ___(the name escapes me at the moment)___ about an hour west of town. Have a wonderful quilty day! Karen

Welcome from "on the road", which happens to Michigan at the moment. Been fortunate enough to be in Wyoming in late spring for week. What beautiful country. Remember lying on the grass near the golf course with my husband watching all the deer and antelope when the sprinklers started going off! Who'd a thunk it? Glad to have you and you'll enjoy being here.

Blog Entries
    Hi Kim and welcome from Idaho!

Hi and welcome from Alaska. Wy is a great state--my daughter lived there for several years. I liked it but hubby says too windy, too dry, too everything for him. You will like it here on this forum. Lots of stuff going on and loads of eye candy.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Oklahoma! :lol:

Yeah, I'm originally from Rapid City, so I *kinda* know what you mean. The WIND....the gosh darn WIND kills ya!

Thanks Donna!
    Wonderful to hear from Holland, PA!

Quote Originally Posted by KR
    Welcome....you'll love it here! We were stationed at F E Warren in the early 70's and loved Cheyenne!! Many fond memories, even the -4 degree day skiing at ___(the name escapes me at the moment)___ about an hour west of town. Have a wonderful quilty day! Karen
    Snowy Range!!! :wink:

Thanks for the Welcome! It's GREAT to be on Quilting Board now! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by labbyrobinson
    Welcome from "on the road", which happens to Michigan at the moment. Been fortunate enough to be in Wyoming in late spring for week. What beautiful country. Remember lying on the grass near the golf course with my husband watching all the deer and antelope when the sprinklers started going off! Who'd a thunk it? Glad to have you and you'll enjoy being here.
    LOL - we like to make the game of golf interesting here in Wyoming! :thumbup:

Glad you liked Wyoming - we had an unusual Spring with all the moisture - you really got to see the "Green Grass of Wyoming" when you came!

Come back, anytime - there is plenty of room for ya! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Spudgm
    Hi Kim and welcome from Idaho!
    I ONLY buy potatoes from Idaho! In my humble opinion (not to offend anyone) they are the BEST! ♥

Thanks for the Welcome! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by franie
    Hi and welcome from Alaska. Wy is a great state--my daughter lived there for several years. I liked it but hubby says too windy, too dry, too everything for him. You will like it here on this forum. Lots of stuff going on and loads of eye candy.
    WHAT WIND!!!! LOL :lol:

Yeah, it is dry here - on a good year we get 15" of moisture.

I'm lik'n the forum already - was in Live Chat earlier - AWESOME! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
    Welcome from Oklahoma! :lol:
    Hi! L♥V your avatar! LOL :lol:

Just had a son move from Denver, CO to Oklahoma City - he is in his apartment and getting settled down with new job. He is a Chef and manages the Prison kitchen there.

Thanks for the Welcome! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
    Yeah, I'm originally from Rapid City, so I *kinda* know what you mean. The WIND....the gosh darn WIND kills ya!
    ummmmmmmmmmm....
    What wind?
    If it ever stop'd we would suffocate - our lungs have become lazy! :wink:

Enjoy! ♥

Wyoming Wind Sock
    Name:  Attachment-96650.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  37.7 KB

What Wind?
    Name:  Attachment-96651.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  46.8 KB

OK, now, can someone let me know HOW I can do a multiple reply to messages?

Can that be done on Quilting Board?

Sorry for all the individual replays before this, but I just needed to answer all the WONDERFUL Welcomes! ♥

Hi Kim :lol: and welcome from Las Vegas! :thumbup: Its dry here and gets windy too. This past summer we went over 130 days with NO rain! It seems like the weather forecasters are always right when they predict wind!
    You'll find lots of friendly quilters here with inspiration and information!

Blog Entries
    Hello and Welcome to the board :D:D:D

It was fun chatting with you today, hope to see you in there again!

Hello and welcome from central Alabama. Love the "Unfinished Quilters", what a great name.

Welcome Kim, this group of people are really the best, so knowledgeable and willing to share with us who have lots of questions.

My DH and I used to snowmobile in Wyoming for years when we lived in Colorado. I love your state. Used to trailer my horse up there and ride for miles and miles (days) on the open prairie with a friend who used to live there.

I, too, belong to two quilting groups, doesn't mean we quilt every week but sure do have a great time looking at each other's patterns and fabrics etc. Sharing tips and ideas are very valuable. Julene in AZ

Blog Entries
    Kim, you sure did not offend me :) cause I think they are the best also and my hubby grows them.

I love your wind pictures and boy are they true LOL That and the quick change weather LOL I have a problem every time I drive through I get through Rock Springs and it starts to snow (does not matter what time of year LOL) and I end up in Rawlings waiting it out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast