Old 10-16-2010, 01:12 PM
All Thumbs

Thank you CircleSquare for the Wal-Mart internet link. Yes, I have written a lengthy note to them about missing a tight weave 100% cotton fabric for my charity quilts. I described how I quilted between 20-30 hours a week donating most everything to the county's battered women's center and Project Linus for terminally ill children in hospitals. I also described how choosing a fabric by sight and feel is very important to a quilter and that pre-cut and sealed packaging does not work for me. I ended the letter by acknowledging that the bottom profit line is important for big business but that I really did not think Sam Walton would have done away with the fabric department.

When I sent the note, a sentence appeared on my computer screen asking me to chose (or change) what store I wanted my response to be delivered. Hum-m-m-m, maybe this is the problem--headquarters never receive nor had an opportunity to read and realize that we little people, i.e. their customers, are out here wanting fabrics.

So, ladies, if you are willing to sign your name, give your address and tele number, click into the above link and help us stand our ground for a suitable charity fabric.