View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 10:47 AM
adyldrop

I want to make a quilt for my lovely boss for christmas...I have all the fabrics and a lovely matching fleece for the back. I'd like to do a quilt as you go so I can definitely get it done in time. I don't want to have strips on the fleece backing so I figured I'd attach the back pieces together after each piece is quilted and leave the strips for the front. My problem is I do not want a lot of sashing to "match" ( cuz i know it all won't) on the front. So then my thought was to quilt-as-i-go with either a) a muslin backing and then baste to the fleece as a top and and hand quilt--it would be a lot less handquilting than usual. OR b) i can nix the muslin and use a warm and natural batting or thin fleece and then baste as a quilt with a little handquilting.
My main problem is deciding on a pattern that will allow me to split the lap quilt into 3 main pieces and not have weird sashing throwing it off. Anyone of you smarties have an idea as to a pattern I could use that wouldn't accentuate the sashing in the front??