Old 10-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Spring
Thanks for all the positive pep talk. I made myself stop tonight because I want the making of it to be a special treat to myself not a punishment...lol This pattern has two blocks per pinwheel design and I wanted to start on the second design but thats my special prize after I get my house work done tomorrow.

Smitty, I do have all the proper equipment. Not being able to cut a straight line is special trait that I have. I scrapbook and I cant cut a straight line on paper with the top of the line paper cutter either. I'll try your suggestions tomorrow Im pretty sure Im pushing too hard because my knuckles are white while Im pushing..lol You may be on to something there.
Try my method of cutting out half square triangles for your pinwheels. you do need to keep your rotary blade close against the template and don't let the template move while you are cutting it out.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-37915-1.htm

I have templates I send out free. If this interests you just send me your postal address in a pm.

Half squares triangles(HSTs) and pinwheels can be tricky if you don't start out with a Half square triangles square that is square. Once you learn to make a square HST then you should be able to enjoy the process without the struggle.