Thread: Peach Cobbler
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 03:53 PM
pab58

There are several posts for cobblers in the recipe section. Just do a search, and they will show up. :wink: I made a cherry cobbler just the other day. I make cobblers the way my Mom always made them.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Put 1/2 stick of butter in a round or square baking dish. Put the dish in the oven until the butter is melted and bubbly.

Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix by hand until the consistency of a batter. If I'm making an apple cobbler, I will add a teaspoon of cinnamon.

Remove baking dish from the oven, and pour in the batter. Add one small can of peaches (I only use a little bit of the juice) or peach pie filling on top of the batter. I use a spoon and place them where I want them to be. You can use either peach halves or slices or you could cut them into chunks. If you don't want to use peaches, you can use any pie filling you would like. Both apple pie filling and cherry pie filling are yummy! You can even use berriies -- any kind. Blackberry cobbler is delicious!!!

Bake until nice and golden brown. I test it by touching the top of the crust with my finger to see if it's firm.

Cobblers are especially delicious served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!!! :thumbup:

My grandmother used to make cobblers in a similar way, but sometimes she would make a crust for the bottom of the pan, pour in the fruit and then top it with a crust. There are many different ways to make a cobbler. Experiment and see what kind you like best! I personally have never met a cobbler I didn't like!!!! :lol:

I see that you are from the UK. Please forgive me for not converting the measurements to metric. :cry: