View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Nanax4

My mom suffered from 3 kinds of dementia the last few years. When we had the testing done, it turned out that she didn't know who I was! Although she knew my four brothers. :( Good for them, sad for me.

She thought I was just a nice lady who came in to take care of her....at least she thought I was a NICE lady!

Like the posters above, there are some things in her history which I wish I knew more about....but maybe it's better if I don't know.

I find myself shopping and thinking, "Oh, I gotta pick that up for Mom!" Or something will happen and I think to myself, "I gotta call Mom about this and see what she thinks."

We had a health scare recently with my adult daughter, and I so wanted to call my mom, and have her tell me not to worry, chances are it will be fine. Which it was.

Like the others, I've lost both parents and all my aunts and uncles. So now I guess I'm the grown-up....I'm not sure I like this! I liked having my mom to run things by.

I miss her terribly, every day. I thought I took good care of her, but looking back there was so much more I could have done if I would have understood. But I guess you can't understand until you get there yourself. Sigh.