Old 10-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Honchey

Originally Posted by JAGSD
Hi Honchey,
The paperpiecing isn't the same as the book block assembly I wish it was it would be hugely easier. It's layout is a touch different. Sections are split a little differently.I still am not able to dfigure it out.
Originally Posted by Honchey
Originally Posted by JAGSD
Originally Posted by mirabelle
I enjoyed making these two, paper pieced both of them, took me about 2 hours for each one so I'm a happy camper. I even like my colors...
I am now officially 2 weeks ahead, will be able to post next week then I am away for three weeks visiting my daughter.
HELP......help....help ....Please.............I have been paperpiecing my 3 and 4" (the pieces are the same for the 6")blocks (I have the companion cd)and have gotten to the cats and mouse and I am blocked how to put it together. Could you tell me the order you sewed the sections together? I have all the section ready to sew and have drew a blank. Is there set in seams? I have not been able to figure it out.
Hi, Take 2 of the larger triangles -sew one on each side of the strip that has been already pieced ( 2 Hst pieced, 1 solid square & 1 small triangle)- just make sure that the widest part of the triangle is on the outside. These 3 sections create a larger triangle which is then sewn to a pieced strip which is made up of 3 solid squares 2 Pieced HST's and 2 triangles. You need to do this for the other side also. I hope I didn't confuse you.

Don't you have the book? It shows the layout in the book.
can you take a picture of what you have layed out? I might be able to help if I know what I'm looking at. A