Old 10-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Mailmanldy

How could it ever be bad when someone you loves take enough interest in what you do, to help you with supplies. Even if you don't have time to make a bunch of Bow Tuck bags, and sell them at a craft show.. what about selling one or two to people you work with, or neighbors, or someone you meet at the grocery store. Even if you don't make many of them to have on hand, you can always tell them it will be XX number of days, because you have "other orders" to fill first. That will make them think you are busy and most of the time, knowing they are going to get something handmade they are willing to wait.

I used to sell some of my crafts when I did scroll sawing, and most of the time, I would make one item, take it to work and show my coworkers. They knew if they wanted one, they were going to have to wait, because I didn't have the resourses to make up a bunch of something, hoping I could sell them, and that I made them as I got orders. That way, if someone wanted something different or out of the ordinary, I could charge more, because they would be getting something custom made the way they wanted it.