Old 10-21-2010, 08:21 AM
clem55

It's questions like this that make me glad I am not raising a teen now. But, that same situation came up with my GD wehile in highschool, and believe it or not, her dad( very strict) allowed her to stay........ He checked with several other parents, also with the host parents and felt it would be okay. Those parents had two levels in their home, girls would sleep upstairs where mom was, and boys downstairs where dad was( his position was at the bottom of the stairs). The hostsd were the parents of a daughter( think that is a plus). Anyway, they had lots of snacks, games, videos etc, and the kids had a ball, and no one got hurt. According to GD, by 2:00 AM, they were all getting tired and drifted off to bed anyway, and not as couples. This seems to be a very popular thing to dfo these days, mainly because the parents are wanting the kids to be home after these dances and not out drinking or having sex in a motel, and that also seems to be "The Plan" for after these dances, and has been for a long time. When I talked to GD about it, she said "really grandma, do you think I'd want to be having sex with everyone around and no privacy"? Do I approve of these things, no, but I also know that I never stayed at a co-ed sleepover, nver had a sleepover with my BF, had strict parents, was taught all the morals, knew right from wrong, and I still managed to get pregnant at 16. If kids want to have sex, they will find a time and place no matter what.So mommas' , if you want to protect your daughters, and sons!! make sure they are protected with the proper birth control and knowledge. Then PRAY, a LOT!! My daughter works in a highschool, and the stories she tells me about these girls and todays attitude about sex is enough to make you sick.