View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 09:40 PM
glenda5253

Originally Posted by katyquilter
You're lucky. The workers at our Jo-Anns measure very accurately!!
I like the clerks for the most part at the JoAnn's I usually go to... but their manager is always watching whoever is cutting fabric like a hawk. They cannot fudge an inch. I have even seen her take over the cutting when she thinks the cutter is leaving the fabric loose so the customer might get a 1/4" extra!!!

Also, I have bought full bolts, cards, rolls, etc. of things and they always measure. I can understand the measuring to make sure there is not a shortage on the bolt - if that were to happen it could be turned in for reimbursement from the manufacturer who sold for example the 10 yard bolt that was only 9 7/8 yards.

But why when the 10 yard bolt turns out to be 10 yards and 3 inches, no overage form is filled out but I pay for the 3 inches when JoAnn's paid only for the 10 yard bolt. :hunf:

This has happened to me several times and I've never said anything but just can't get it out of my head the only one benefiting here is JoAnn's. The customer and the manufacturer get the shaft! :roll: