Old 10-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Honchey

Originally Posted by Honchey
Originally Posted by JAGSD
ok, I rescued it from the garbage can, pressed it and here it be.....
I am trying to download these pictures for Anne, hope this works this time.

It is actually the piece marked H that is the bugger(the little tiny triangle)where should it be sewed before putting this silly maze together. Then the rest of the steps to sewing.

The pattern I posted says 4" but the 3" pattern prints out the same sections and pieces. So should all go together the same. I still think it must have a set in seam, but very difficult at 1/2"piece.

Hi, If you look at the pattern--H is part of the hst of the section that is the second down from the top of the page on the left side. in other words--if the whole page was the face of a clock. H belongs to the section that is sitting in the area of 8 O'clock.

I believethe section is the letter E. That tiny triangle H completes the E section where it becomes part of the 4piece square. the 2 sections on the left side 8 and 9 o'clock go together then. Hold on i'm printing out a copy and will get back to this in 10 minutes. A challange!!!
OMG ! What a nightmare this configuration is. Yes, there is a set in seam. I have been cuttiing these little pieces outand trying to get them to go together without the inset seam--it won't work. and the only suggestion if you want to do this over is to section it yourself in your software program in an easier to put together pattern. When I did my block I used Freezer paper templates for the 4 pieced squares then added the solid squares to make one long diagonal strip then I did the 2 smaller strips the same way. I then sewed 2 of the large solid triangles-one on each side of the smaller strip- do this for the other smaller strip also--then sew these completed pieces to the sides of the very long strip. I followed the block assembly from the book. I did this block twice before using the freezer paper. If you were to cut off the small triangle from the center triangle and add it to the H triangle then sew it to the section where the H belongs- it would be a larger inset seam and easier I think to put together. 2 longer seam to point pivots. I'm going to bed now. Let me know how you are going to finish it. Anne