Old 10-22-2010, 02:56 AM
JAGSD

OMG ! What a nightmare this configuration is. Yes, there is a set in seam. I have been cuttiing these little pieces outand trying to get them to go together without the inset seam--it won't work. and the only suggestion if you want to do this over is to section it yourself in your software program in an easier to put together pattern. When I did my block I used Freezer paper templates for the 4 pieced squares then added the solid squares to make one long diagonal strip then I did the 2 smaller strips the same way. I then sewed 2 of the large solid triangles-one on each side of the smaller strip- do this for the other smaller strip also--then sew these completed pieces to the sides of the very long strip. I followed the block assembly from the book. I did this block twice before using the freezer paper. If you were to cut off the small triangle from the center triangle and add it to the H triangle then sew it to the section where the H belongs- it would be a larger inset seam and easier I think to put together. 2 longer seam to point pivots. I'm going to bed now. Let me know how you are going to finish it. Anne[/quote]

That is pretty much what I had come up with too, I had tried putting it together with just paper and it wouldn't happen without the inset. With the Little tiny triangle you would just about lose the triangle I think trying to set in seam it. At one time I did sew it to the other piece but even then it does not sew up even. All in all I did go and resection the pattern a different way then what EQ and The companion CD showed and made the block a different way. But I think I will go ahead and try this one with the set in seam since I have it made up and see what happens. DR. appointments today and dad had surgry yesterday so may be late today before get a chance. Thank you for all your help with this.
Judy