View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 07:17 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
I'm putting together the same sort of thing (but only for hand sewing) for my daughter for christmas. I'm thinking a bunch of different embroidery threads, cute needle book and pincushion, scissors, a charm pack, a spool of thread, and maybe a kids sewing book with projects (but the idea of printing out stuff from the internet is good, too. There are a lot of cute cute projects and tutorials online).

I plan to share my stash with her, as well, but I figure a charm pack will give her something to "play with", trying out fabric combinations and the precut pieces will be good for her since she can't cut well at all.

How about some marking pens or pencils, or tailors chalk? Also a seam gauge. If she's going to quilt, maybe a set of basic acrylic templates.
Speaking of needle books, I made personalized needle books for the ladies who quilt at our church. The covers were done in aida cloth with the names cross stitched on. Each had a simple cross stitched border. I also made 4 pages inside from flannel. One was made of felt--------a lot easier and a lot faster. Add a variety of needle sizes, some pins, and a few safety pins.

The book can be quite simple and will be a treat for her, too.