Old 10-23-2010, 06:48 AM
Marlys

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by Jannie
Any parent who would let their daughter or son have a mixed slumber party is crazy.
Good thing I'm not a parent, because I would take offense to such a judgmental statement.
Thank you! That's how I have been feeling while reading this whole thread! As I said earlier, we were the parents who had the all night co-ed parties. It seems that everyone is jumping to conclusions - that this will be an unsupervised event. You don't know that until you talk to the parents involved - and as I also said: Volunteer to help! At our house, the party was in the basement, but they only had access to 2 rooms: the family room and the bathroom. I was in and out all night. As my daughter said, "Who is going to do something with 20 other people around and knowing that "Mom" would be coming in and out of the room at different times. I would much rather have the group of kids safe in my home than out at a questionable party or place! Also remember, every child is different and should be treated that way. Yes, I'm sure my children did things that I don't know about (what child doesn't). But when it came to important things, I could trust them. By the way, mine are now 22 and 19 and very good young adults. Co-ed parties did not make them promiscuous (as some of you seem to think will happen).
Sorry if I offended anyone, but thank you for letting me vent!