View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 05:28 AM
Marvlin

Sometimes people just don't have a clue what goes into making a quilt. That is no excuse for outright abusing a gift given in love by someone who loved this family enough to spend the money, spend the time, spend all of their talents and unselfishly giving all they had to someone who didn't appreciate what a gift they had been given. Believe me there will come a day when a friend of this family will see this quilt and be outright disgusted to see what has happened to this quilt. Maybe they will even educate this family in what a gift they had and threw out. Having said all of that I also would want you to know I don't just give my quilts away. I usually have someone who means a great deal to me say something like I would love to have a quilt like that because it's beautiful. That quilt usually leaves my home in a pillow case to live in another home who will love it too. I do make quilts for our local police department who give them to children who have had their homes destroyed. We also have another group of women who make teddy bears to go with our quilts. These quilts may not always be loved and taken care of but for a while a small child gets the warmth and comfort they need at the time.

I also agree with the writer who said: and they shall be shot at sunrise.