View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 07:44 AM
stevendebbie25

Ok, not an Ebay junky, but I have found great bargans, and never thought about looking for quilting items. I have bought 'NEW' in packages, all type rulers, new books & DVDs, and Gingher Rotary with replacement blade for $20 (set), and new in tin..locally at JoAnns & Hancock, Gingher is $60, at the quilt shop it's $80. Why pay more for the same price, and often (I watch for these) it's free shipping..if the bid goes to high, scroll down, there's probably the same item starting at a lower bid to jump in on, or just put in 'watching'. There is also a place for Quilters Penny Auctions, you buy your 'penny' for 80 cents buy more pennies price goes down as low as 65 cents. You bid a penny at a time 'penny auction', and it can be fun at the end, a nail biter bidding, I lost by a fraction second, someone bought the AccuQuilter for $1.47 !!!
So at high penny price, that was only $11.76, these machines are not cheep, what a bargain, don't get distracted at the end. Other finds from rulers to batting to tools for just pennies. Believe it's sewbids.com?
Also love fabshophop.com opens shops across the nation, type search and find items on sale, look through the selection that comes up, some stores have a sale, some won't. I'm a bargain shopper, want that dollar to stretch.