Thread: Peach Dump Cake
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 04:08 AM
Pegleg

Originally Posted by xenodeno
I have always loved Dump cakes, but I think I came up with even a better one with one additrional ingredient. I have been swamped for my recipe for this dessert, and its just about as easy as just popping in a boxed cake into the oven.

Ingredients :

2 cans Peach pie filling - I use Thank you brand
1 yellow cake mix (dry)
1 1/2 sticks butter
1/2 cup pecan pieces

Spray pan (13 X 9") with Pam. Dump 2 big cans of peach pie filling in pan. Sprinkle dry yellow cake mix over top. Melt 1 and-a half sticks butter. Drizzle evenly over dry cake mix. Sprinkle pecan bits evenly over everything. Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven approximately 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzles Nestle's brand La Lechera sweetened condensed milk over cooling dessert. This sweetened condensed milk is about the consistency of ice cream syrup, so I imagine any brand of that consistency would work.

Hope you all enjoy as much as I do!
I don't like yellow cake so I use Betty Crocker's butter pecan cake mix. It just adds a little more richness to the taste.
I made a fresh apple crisp last week that I used a pouch of oatmeal cookie mix instead of cake mix. It worked out just fine and was really good.