Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Peach Dump Cake

I have always loved Dump cakes, but I think I came up with even a better one with one additrional ingredient. I have been swamped for my recipe for this dessert, and its just about as easy as just popping in a boxed cake into the oven.

Ingredients :

2 cans Peach pie filling - I use Thank you brand
    1 yellow cake mix (dry)
    1 1/2 sticks butter
    1/2 cup pecan pieces

Spray pan (13 X 9") with Pam. Dump 2 big cans of peach pie filling in pan. Sprinkle dry yellow cake mix over top. Melt 1 and-a half sticks butter. Drizzle evenly over dry cake mix. Sprinkle pecan bits evenly over everything. Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven approximately 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzles Nestle's brand La Lechera sweetened condensed milk over cooling dessert. This sweetened condensed milk is about the consistency of ice cream syrup, so I imagine any brand of that consistency would work.

Hope you all enjoy as much as I do!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Interesting.......I've always made pumpkin dump cake but it never crossed my mind to try other flavors. Now I feel like an idiot! Obviously, you could do it with just about whatever kind of filling you like.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for this recipe, it sounds really good! :D:D:D

Sounds good. I've had it with Cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple.

Blog Entries
    Both Apple (sprinkle with cinnamon) and Cherry (spritz with a little lemon juice) are delicious, too. My grandkids can't get enough of it. I've never tried peach. That will be next.

That sounds good. I love dump cakes too.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the recipe

I love it with blueberries.

We love peach anything so will definetly be giving this a try today. Thanks for the Recipe.
    Judy

Thanks, sounds really good!

I'm trying this tonight for dessert...thanks for sharing...

Went to make this morning, don't have enough peach filling so am trying blueberry. MMMM......it smells good! Thanks again for the recipe!

Blog Entries
    Sounds delish!! I've done the cherry and pineapple and we love it. Now I have to try the peach and pumpkin! For that pumpkin, exactly what type pumpkin do you use, just the regular or the actual pumpkin pie mix and what size cans for that one?

Sounds like a recipe I need to try for my sit & sew group. Thanks for sharing!

Good Morning from Ca....I have made this cake and it is wonderful!!!! I always made it with cherry pie filling.I bet the peach is better..

Thanks to xenodeno for starting this topic; I haven't thought about a dump cake in maybe 30 years! Here's what I did today to try her recipe as a possible extra Thanksgiving dessert. I wanted to use my toaster oven, not the regular oven, so I used ONE can of APPLE PIE filling and HALF of ONE BOX of cake mix. Added some autumn-y spices, about 3/4 stick of butter sliced, after 30 minutes added the walnuts as she suggested. It's so goooood!!!!!! And so easy!!!!!! Next time I'll try adding the condensed milk, that sounds delicious.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xenodeno
    I have always loved Dump cakes, but I think I came up with even a better one with one additrional ingredient. I have been swamped for my recipe for this dessert, and its just about as easy as just popping in a boxed cake into the oven.

Ingredients :

2 cans Peach pie filling - I use Thank you brand
    1 yellow cake mix (dry)
    1 1/2 sticks butter
    1/2 cup pecan pieces

Spray pan (13 X 9") with Pam. Dump 2 big cans of peach pie filling in pan. Sprinkle dry yellow cake mix over top. Melt 1 and-a half sticks butter. Drizzle evenly over dry cake mix. Sprinkle pecan bits evenly over everything. Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven approximately 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzles Nestle's brand La Lechera sweetened condensed milk over cooling dessert. This sweetened condensed milk is about the consistency of ice cream syrup, so I imagine any brand of that consistency would work.

Hope you all enjoy as much as I do!
    I don't like yellow cake so I use Betty Crocker's butter pecan cake mix. It just adds a little more richness to the taste.
    I made a fresh apple crisp last week that I used a pouch of oatmeal cookie mix instead of cake mix. It worked out just fine and was really good.

Can you use just regular condensed milk? If so, we may be having this tonight! Should this make any difference?

Blog Entries
    Donna,
    It shouldn't matter which condensed milk you use. I personally thinki that 1 1/2 sticks of butter is 1/2 stick too much. I also think the milk will make it too sweet. I've been making dump cakes since I was a little girl and I have never used condensed milk over the top. I'm sure it would be good but a little too rich for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg
    Donna,
    It shouldn't matter which condensed milk you use. I personally thinki that 1 1/2 sticks of butter is 1/2 stick too much. I also think the milk will make it too sweet. I've been making dump cakes since I was a little girl and I have never used condensed milk over the top. I'm sure it would be good but a little too rich for me.
    Thanks! I thought a whole can of milk would make it too soupy... I have made just a plain dump cake with the regular cherry filling and never added the condensed milk. It was good without it! Sure want to try peaches though. I'm from GA and we always have lots of them, and I have some canned.

Blog Entries
    Ahhhh you gals are making me hungry and it's not breakfast time yet.

QUESTION: would regular canned peaches work if I drained off a bit of juice and cut the peaches up? I don't have peach filling but I do have peaches and the cake mix.

QUESTION: Could I use fresh apples?

Sounds easy enough I could make it before finishing my coffee in the morning! Thanks

Blog Entries
    Go to www.bettycrocker.com enter peach crisp in the search at top right. you will find several recipes tha use a pouch of oatmeal cookie mix and a can of peaches.
    I subscribe to their list. They send me the most awesome recipes. I tried an apple-pecan crisp that was yummmmmyy.

Sounds good