Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Peach Dump Cake >

Peach Dump Cake

Peach Dump Cake

Old 10-18-2010, 04:28 AM

I'm trying this tonight for dessert...thanks for sharing...
Old 10-18-2010, 04:56 AM

Went to make this morning, don't have enough peach filling so am trying blueberry. MMMM......it smells good! Thanks again for the recipe!
Old 10-18-2010, 05:44 AM

Sounds delish!! I've done the cherry and pineapple and we love it. Now I have to try the peach and pumpkin! For that pumpkin, exactly what type pumpkin do you use, just the regular or the actual pumpkin pie mix and what size cans for that one?
Old 10-18-2010, 09:09 PM

Sounds like a recipe I need to try for my sit & sew group. Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:46 AM

Good Morning from Ca....I have made this cake and it is wonderful!!!! I always made it with cherry pie filling.I bet the peach is better..
Old 10-24-2010, 01:33 PM

Thanks to xenodeno for starting this topic; I haven't thought about a dump cake in maybe 30 years! Here's what I did today to try her recipe as a possible extra Thanksgiving dessert. I wanted to use my toaster oven, not the regular oven, so I used ONE can of APPLE PIE filling and HALF of ONE BOX of cake mix. Added some autumn-y spices, about 3/4 stick of butter sliced, after 30 minutes added the walnuts as she suggested. It's so goooood!!!!!! And so easy!!!!!! Next time I'll try adding the condensed milk, that sounds delicious.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by xenodeno
I have always loved Dump cakes, but I think I came up with even a better one with one additrional ingredient. I have been swamped for my recipe for this dessert, and its just about as easy as just popping in a boxed cake into the oven.

Ingredients :

2 cans Peach pie filling - I use Thank you brand
1 yellow cake mix (dry)
1 1/2 sticks butter
1/2 cup pecan pieces

Spray pan (13 X 9") with Pam. Dump 2 big cans of peach pie filling in pan. Sprinkle dry yellow cake mix over top. Melt 1 and-a half sticks butter. Drizzle evenly over dry cake mix. Sprinkle pecan bits evenly over everything. Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven approximately 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzles Nestle's brand La Lechera sweetened condensed milk over cooling dessert. This sweetened condensed milk is about the consistency of ice cream syrup, so I imagine any brand of that consistency would work.

Hope you all enjoy as much as I do!
I don't like yellow cake so I use Betty Crocker's butter pecan cake mix. It just adds a little more richness to the taste.
I made a fresh apple crisp last week that I used a pouch of oatmeal cookie mix instead of cake mix. It worked out just fine and was really good.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:50 PM

Can you use just regular condensed milk? If so, we may be having this tonight! Should this make any difference?
Old 10-28-2010, 04:58 PM

Donna,
It shouldn't matter which condensed milk you use. I personally thinki that 1 1/2 sticks of butter is 1/2 stick too much. I also think the milk will make it too sweet. I've been making dump cakes since I was a little girl and I have never used condensed milk over the top. I'm sure it would be good but a little too rich for me.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pegleg
Donna,
It shouldn't matter which condensed milk you use. I personally thinki that 1 1/2 sticks of butter is 1/2 stick too much. I also think the milk will make it too sweet. I've been making dump cakes since I was a little girl and I have never used condensed milk over the top. I'm sure it would be good but a little too rich for me.
Thanks! I thought a whole can of milk would make it too soupy... I have made just a plain dump cake with the regular cherry filling and never added the condensed milk. It was good without it! Sure want to try peaches though. I'm from GA and we always have lots of them, and I have some canned.