Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Fresh Peach Dump Cobbler >

Fresh Peach Dump Cobbler

Fresh Peach Dump Cobbler

Old 07-05-2017, 12:25 PM

Default Fresh Peach Dump Cobbler

I was wondering if anyone has put the cold butter patties and the box cake mix in the food processor and given it a whirl, then spread it over the fresh peaches or your choice of fruit. I made a fresh peach cobbler using the dump method and it was yummy, but was just wondering if anyone had blended the butter with the cake mix before putting it on top of the fruit. My niece had brought canned peaches for a crockpot dump cobbler, so she made it and everyone agreed that both were real tasty. Thanks for any comments.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:38 PM
Power Poster

Not tried the processor method but I would take any peach cobbler--my favorite !
Old 07-06-2017, 02:12 AM

Guess I am a lazy cook but the first thought I had was " another item to wash up, the food processor". But when I made that recipe I just cut the butter into a lot of small pieces and distribute across the cake mix.
Now I am trying to stay away from "processed" foods like cake mixes and just make cobblers from scratch. An old recipe/method is to melt a stick of butter in bottom of 9x13 pan, just put butter in pan and place in oven as you preheat it to 350. Take pan out as soon as butter is melted, mix 1 cup self rising flour, 1 cup milk, 3/4 cup sugar together in a bowl, and pour over melted butter. DO NOT STIR. Spoon cut up peaches over top of batter distributing evenly, DO NOT MIX OR STIR. Place in preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes. Remove when golden brown and delicious. Perfect plain or with a scoop of ice cream. Sometimes i add about 1 tsp of almond extract to the batter. It adds just a hint of "what is that" flavor to the cobbler.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:38 AM

I will have to try this one by Murphy224 - I have an aunt who cans peaches and pears and I have way to many jars of them now!
Old 07-06-2017, 03:02 AM

I have used a recipe almost like this one except I didn't use any self rising flour. It works great. The batter rises up and over the peaches and browns really well. Delicious with vanilla ice cream.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:58 AM

This is my personal favorite. Very easy.

Originally Posted by Murphy224 View Post
Guess I am a lazy cook but the first thought I had was " another item to wash up, the food processor". But when I made that recipe I just cut the butter into a lot of small pieces and distribute across the cake mix.
Now I am trying to stay away from "processed" foods like cake mixes and just make cobblers from scratch. An old recipe/method is to melt a stick of butter in bottom of 9x13 pan, just put butter in pan and place in oven as you preheat it to 350. Take pan out as soon as butter is melted, mix 1 cup self rising flour, 1 cup milk, 3/4 cup sugar together in a bowl, and pour over melted butter. DO NOT STIR. Spoon cut up peaches over top of batter distributing evenly, DO NOT MIX OR STIR. Place in preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes. Remove when golden brown and delicious. Perfect plain or with a scoop of ice cream. Sometimes i add about 1 tsp of almond extract to the batter. It adds just a hint of "what is that" flavor to the cobbler.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:40 AM

I have whirled it together Ilovequilts34, it makes a crumble like top instead of a batter top. Either way it tastes the same. Thanks for posting your recipe Murphy224, that sounds like an easy recipe. I will have to try it. A quick easy dessert for almost any fruit.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bjbaxter View Post
I will have to try this one by Murphy224 - I have an aunt who cans peaches and pears and I have way to many jars of them now!
When I used to get way too many home canned fruits, I would mix up a butter cake, spray a 9" x 13" pan, and lay out the fruit in a single layer, and pour the cake batter over the fruit and bake. Serve inverted like pineapple upside down cake. I can not stand frosting so this was my answer. I have tried many fruits and never found one a I did not like this way.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

Great timing on this recipe! My mom just gave me some already cut up fresh peaches earlier today! Now I have the perfect recipe for making them into cobbler!

Thanks for the ideas everyone!
Old 07-07-2017, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy224 View Post
Now I am trying to stay away from "processed" foods like cake mixes and just make cobblers from scratch. An old recipe/method is to:
Melt a stick of butter in bottom of 9x13 pan, just put butter in pan and place in oven as you preheat it to 350. Take pan out as soon as butter is melted, mix 1 cup self rising flour, 1 cup milk, 3/4 cup sugar together in a bowl, and pour over melted butter. DO NOT STIR. Spoon cut up peaches over top of batter distributing evenly, DO NOT MIX OR STIR. Place in preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes. Remove when golden brown and delicious. Perfect plain or with a scoop of ice cream. Sometimes i add about 1 tsp of almond extract to the batter. It adds just a hint of "what is that" flavor to the cobbler.
This sounds really easy and delicious. I would like to try it with my Wolf River apples, but they are so sweet that I think 1/4 c. sugar would be plenty.

Also, could you tell us how to make this with regular flour? I know there is a way to do that, but don't know where to find it right now. Thanks.