View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 09:43 AM
maviskw

Originally Posted by Murphy224 View Post
Now I am trying to stay away from "processed" foods like cake mixes and just make cobblers from scratch. An old recipe/method is to:
Melt a stick of butter in bottom of 9x13 pan, just put butter in pan and place in oven as you preheat it to 350. Take pan out as soon as butter is melted, mix 1 cup self rising flour, 1 cup milk, 3/4 cup sugar together in a bowl, and pour over melted butter. DO NOT STIR. Spoon cut up peaches over top of batter distributing evenly, DO NOT MIX OR STIR. Place in preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes. Remove when golden brown and delicious. Perfect plain or with a scoop of ice cream. Sometimes i add about 1 tsp of almond extract to the batter. It adds just a hint of "what is that" flavor to the cobbler.
This sounds really easy and delicious. I would like to try it with my Wolf River apples, but they are so sweet that I think 1/4 c. sugar would be plenty.

Also, could you tell us how to make this with regular flour? I know there is a way to do that, but don't know where to find it right now. Thanks.